Pinpoint Molecular Ltd are working on a simple blood test for Alzheimer’s Disease.
The figure on the left shows the results of a simple blood test that we have developed using our novel resin extraction technology. 10 blood samples from Alzheimer’s Disease patients (red bars) were compared to 5 samples from normal people (blue bars). Our test showed a clear difference.
Why do we need a simple blood test?
A test is needed:
- To ensure early and appropriate treatment
- To monitor the effect of treatment
- To help in discovery of new therapies
But our data is not perfect
Why is our data not perfect?
- We have only tested a small number of samples
- Access to samples is limited to what is available in limited biobanks
- We have no control over how the sample was handled before it was stored in the biobank
- We need to test other diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease
If you would like to help us by getting involved in our study, please email us at email@example.com